Arena name: M&S Arena
Arena capacity: 11,000
Nearest airport: Liverpool John Lennon Airport - buses take about 30 minutes
Total hotels: 187 (according to hotelmap.com)
Major events they have held:
Creamfields, an electronic dance festival held annually. They will be hosting the 2022 World Gymnastics Championships in October/November and were Europe's Capital of Culture in 2008 which included various events.
Where could the village be?
Liverpool Pier Head is on the waterfront and is a short walk to the M&S Arena. It also hosts many events including Live Music On The Waterfront.
Public transport including getting to the arena:
If you catch a train into Lime Street (central), you can walk to the arena in 20 minutes. Alternatively you can catch an underground train to a stop that will leave you just the 10 minute walk. You can also catch a bus loop service from Lime Street.
How to fly there from Australia:
Flights to Liverpool are mostly done in two stops. Among the available airlines, you can fly Singapore Airlines/Lufthansa (via Singapore and Frankfurt) and Qatar/Easy Jet (via Doha and Amsterdam).
How to get there from London:
For those wishing to fly into London, a train from London Euston station will take you to Liverpool in approximately 2.5 hours.
Top things to do or see:
1. Visit Anfield Stadium - one for the soccer lovers!
2. Royal Albert Dock is considered the city's hub with multiple museums and shops as well as restaurants.
3. Beatles Statue and Beatles Story Museum - absolute musts for anyone with an interest in the first mega band in the world.
4. The British Music Experience Museum - if you are in town for Eurovision - you gotta come here right?!
5. Mersey River - there are multiple cruises you can take on the river to see the city from the water.
And finally, does Liverpool have one of the famous Australian themed bars the Walkabout?
Unfortunately not! Though there are many great places to enjoy a celebratory drink or two!
Check out the profiles on each host city below: