Spotify Rankings 2022: Australia's Eurovision and National Final Songs
In May 2021 we looked at Australia’s top 20 most streamed Eurovision and National Final songs of all time on Spotify.
Now one year later, and with a new Eurovision song this year 'Not The Same' by Sheldon Riley and 10 new songs from 'Eurovision - Australia Decides' 2022, we revisit our top 20 ranking.
Here's the current top 20 Australian Eurovision and National Final songs on Spotify:
1. Sheppard - 'On My Way' - 2019 - 22,326,158 streams (Up 2)
2. Dami Im - 'Sound of Silence' - 2016 - 20,114,571 (Down 1)
3. Guy Sebastian - 'Tonight Again' - 2015 - 17,315,526 (Down 1)
4. Isaiah - 'Don't Come Easy' - 2017 - 14,723,054 (-)
5. Jessica Mauboy - 'We Got Love' - 2018 - 14,497,702 (-)
6. Kate Miller-Heidke - 'Zero Gravity' - 2019 - 8,805,511 (-)
7. Montaigne - 'Technicolour' - 2021 - 5,685,009 (Up 1)
8. Montaigne - 'Don't Break Me' - 2020 - 3,841,519 (Down 1)
9. Sheldon Riley - 'Not the Same' - 2022 - 1,327,207 (New)
10. Electric Fields - '2000 and Whatever' - 2019 - 1,159,208 (Down 1) _____
11. Courtney Act - 'Fight for Love' - 2019 - 866,334 (Down 1)
12. Jack Vidgen - 'I Am King I Am Queen' - 2020 - 666,713 (-)
13. Alfie Arcuri - 'To Myself' - 2019 - 644,825 (Down 2)
14. Aydan - 'Dust' - 2019 - 470,830 (Down 1)
15. Didirri - 'Raw Stuff' - 2020 - 466,643 (Down 1)
16. Charley - 'I Suck at Being Lonely' - 2022 - 466,142 (New)
17. Jaguar Jonze - 'Rabbit Hole' - 2020 - 405,320 (Down 2)
18. Jessica Mauboy - 'Sea of Flags' *- 2014 - 347,003 (Down 2)
19. Vanessa Amorosi - 'Lessons of Love' - 2020 - 249,035 (Down 1)
20. Voyager - 'Dreamer' - 2022 - 184,505 (New)
*Not a competitive song but a song that represented Australia on the Eurovision stage during the semi final in 2014
Obviously songs in more recent years haven't had as much time to grow, so it will be interesting if they increase over time.
A song that has made the biggest climb over the years has managed to be the most streamed Aussie Eurovision song! It is Sheppard's 'On My Way'. Beating Dami Im and sitting at the top with over 22 million stream
Australia's Eurovision 2016 runner-up, Dami Im, may have dropped a spot but it is still the top song in the ranking to ever go to Eurovision with now 20 million streams . 'Sound of Silence' remains Dami's most streamed song on Spotify.
The new Eurovision entry in our the top 20 is Sheldon's 2022 Australian Eurovision entry 'Not The Same'. The song has already surpassed 1 million streams and it expected to increase substantially as this years contest is underway. It sits in the top 10 in our ranking.
For continued updates on all the Eurovision Song Contest news follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, find us @aussievisionnet