Spotify Rankings 2021: Australia's Eurovision and National Final Songs Revisited
Just before the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 we took a look at Australia’s Top 20 most streamed Eurovision and National Final songs of all time on Spotify.
Three months later we revisit the Spotify rankings and see how the Top 20 most streamed Australian Eurovision and National Final Top 20 song stack up today.
It's been five years since Dami Im narrowly missed out on the Eurovision crown, but her runners-up song still reigns supreme among Spotify listeners.
Our latest check of how Australia's Eurovision and National Final back catalogue are faring shows Dami's 'Sound of Silence' with a commanding lead over all other Aussie contenders on the streaming service. With just shy of 19 million listens, 'Sound of Silence' has a buffer of more than two million listens on second-placed 'Tonight Again' by Guy Sebastian.
Hot on Guy's heels is 2020 national finalist Sheppard. Their song 'On My Way' is the third-ranked Australian Eurovision song - and the highest of any song to appear at Australia Decides.
In May, the gap between 'Tonight Again' and 'On My Way' was just shy of 900,000. It's now down to just 380,000. If this trend continues, they could soon move into the silver medal position.
Isaiah's 'Don't Come Easy' is next, surpassing 14 million listens - a terrific achievement for the 21-year-old singer from Moama, New South Wales. It's followed by 'We Got Love' (Jessica Mauboy) and inaugural national final winner 'Zero Gravity' (Kate Miller-Heidke), the latter of which has finally cracked 8 million plays. Congratulations, Kate!
There's only been one change to the Top 10 since May. Continuing to capitalise on her recent time in the spotlight, Montaigne's 2021 entry 'Technicolour' has added another three million listens to its tally. It moves into seventh place, pushing another Montaigne song, 'Don't Break Me', down one spot.
Electric Fields and Courtney Act round out the Top 10.
Full results below:
1. Dami Im - 'Sound of Silence' - 2016 - 18,956,718 streams (-)
2. Guy Sebastian - 'Tonight Again' - 2015 - 16,688,610 (-)
3. Sheppard - 'On My Way' - 2019 - 16,307,481 (-)
4. Isaiah Firebrace - 'Don't Come Easy' - 2017 - 14,190,865 (-)
5. Jessica Mauboy - 'We Got Love' - 2018 - 12,662,778 (-)
6. Kate Miller-Heidke - 'Zero Gravity' - 2019 - 8,103,097 (-)
7. Montaigne - 'Technicolour' - 2021 - 4,280,404 (Up 1)
8. Montaigne - 'Don't Break Me' - 2020 - 3,400,398 (Down 1)
9. Electric Fields - '2000 and Whatever' - 2019 - 1,062,762 (-)
10. Courtney Act - 'Fight For Love' - 2019 - 792,881 (-)
11. Alfie Arcuri - 'To Myself' - 2019 - 572,905 (-)
12. Jack Vidgen - 'I Am King I Am Queen' - 2020 - 494,884 (-)
13. Aydan - 'Dust' - 2019 - 420,710 (-)
14. Didirri - 'Raw Stuff' - 2020 - 417,600 (-)
15. Jaguar Jonze - 'Rabbit Hole' - 2020 - 334,927 (-)
16. Jessica Mauboy - 'Sea of Flags'* - 2014 - 314,278 (-)
17. Vanessa Amorosi - 'Lessons of Love' - 2020 - 142,027 (-)
18. Leea Nanos - 'Set Me Free' - 2019 - 115,846 (-)
19. Mitch Tambo - 'Together' - 2020 - 111,190 (-)
20. Jordan-Ravi - 'Pushing Stars' - 2020 - 89,852 (-)