Australia has decided - Montaigne is off to Rotterdam
Australia has decided! Montaigne (otherwise known as Jessica Cerro) has emerged victorious at Australia Decides on the Gold Coast this evening and will represent Australia at Eurovision 2020 with her song 'Don't Break Me'.
Winning the jury vote and coming second in the televote, the result came down to the wire as the last of the televotes were announced. In the end, Montaigne took out the contest over televote winner Casey Donovan who finished just seven points behind. Pre-contest favourite Vanessa Amorosi finished second with the jury and third in the televote to round out the Top three.
The full results were:
1. Don’t Break Me: 1st in jury (54 points) + 2nd in public (53 points) = 107 points
2. Proud: 3rd in jury (40) + 1st in public (60) = 100 points
3. Lessons of Love: 2nd in jury (42) + 3rd in public (40) = 82 points
4. Raw Stuff: 4th in jury (39) + 6th in public (24) = 63 points
5. Together: 6th in jury (24) + 4th in public (33) = 57 points
6. Rabbit Hole: 9th in jury (18) + 5th in public (28) = 46 points
7. Can We Make Heaven: 5th in jury (24) + 7th in public (18) = 42 points
8. I Am King I Am Queen: 8th in jury (19) + 8th in public (15) = 34 points
9. Life: 7th in jury (19) + 9th in public (13) = 32 points
10. Pushing Stars: 10th in jury (11) + 10th in public (12) = 23 points
Our reaction from inside the stadium