top of page
  • Cooper Olsen

Norway: Artists and songs revealed for Melodi Grand Prix 2024



Norwegian broadcaster NRK announced the eighteen artists and songs that will compete in Norway's national final - Melodi Grand Prix (MGP).


The line-up consists of two previous Eurovision acts, and a few past MGP competitors as well as bunch of debuting artists.


Artists and Songs:


  • Anne Fagermo & Dag Erik Oksvold - 'Judge Tenderly of Me'

  • Annprincess - 'Save Me'

  • Eli Kristin Hanssveen - 'Touch of Venus'

  • Erika Norwich & Super Rob - 'My AI'

  • Farida - 'Heartache'

  • Fredrik Halland - 'Stranded'

  • Gåte - 'Ulveham'

  • Gothminister - 'We Come Alive'

  • Ingrid Jasmin - 'Eya'

  • KEiiNO - 'Damdiggida'

  • Margaret Berger - 'Oblivion'

  • Mathilde SPZ feat. Chris Archer & Slam Dunk - 'Woman Show'

  • Miia - 'Green Lights'

  • Mileo - 'You're Mine'

  • Mista - 'Waltz of Death'

  • Myra - 'Heart on Fire'

  • Thomas Jenssen - 'Take Me to Heaven'

  • Vidar Villa - 'MER'


You can check out the songs below:





The artists of note competing are:


KEiiNO


Eurovision fan favourites, KEiiNO are back to 'Melodi Grand Prix' for the third time as a group after winning the national final with their song 'Spirit in the Sky'. The entry went on to win the public vote at the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2019 and ultimately finished in 6th place.


The supergroup returned to MGP in 2021 with 'Monument' but just missed out on another appearance at Eurovision after finishing runners-up behind Tix. Now on the five year anniversary of the bands creation, they're hoping the nostalgia filled 'euro-pop' track 'Damdiggida' can get them back to Eurovision.




Margaret Berger


Margaret Berger is making her comeback to the Eurovision world with her entry 'Oblivion'. She won the right to represent Norway back in 2013 in Malmö of all places with the avant-garde pop number 'I Feed You My Love'. 11 years later Margaret is hoping to make a return to the Swedish city to fly the flag once again.




Mileo - an Aussie!


Miles Curtis Sesselmann aka Mileo is an Australian-Norwegian 24-year-old artist. Mileo was born in Sydney with his father Norwegian and his mother Australian. The family would share their time between the two nations.


Similar to last year's edition of 'Melodi Grand Prix', this years format will see just three semi-finals as play out with no artists being pre-qualified directly to the final.


A new adjustment to the contest is the weight distribution of the professional Jury who will now account for 40% of the final score, with the remaining 60% coming from public voting.


The first semi-final starts on the Saturday the 13th of January with the final taking place on Saturday 3rd February where the winner will be decided and fly the flag for Norway in Malmö, Sweden in May.


For continued updates on all Eurovision Song Contest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Instagram. All the links can be found at: https://linktr.ee/aussievisionnet

コメント


bottom of page